United States Attorney's Office for the District of New Hampshire

02/18/2026 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 02/18/2026 14:09

Former Childcare Provider Sentenced to 15 Years in Federal Prison for the Production of Child Sexual Abuse Material

Former Childcare Provider Sentenced to 15 Years in Federal Prison

for the Production of Child Sexual Abuse Material

CONCORD - A Keene woman was sentenced today in federal court for aiding and abetting the production of child sexual abuse material, United States Attorney Erin Creegan announces.

Krystal Baird, 40, of Keene, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Steven J. McAuliffe to 15 years in federal prison and 10 years of supervised release. In November 2025, a federal jury convicted Baird of aiding and abetting the production of child sexual abuse material after a five-day trial.

According to the evidence admitted at trial, on January 29, 2024, Krystal and Paul Baird were babysitting a 9-year-old child. After the child was given THC-infused candy, Krystal Baird directed Paul Baird to try to get the child to play with his genitalia. Paul Baird took at least one sexually explicit image of the victim's genitalia. Krystal Baird then photographed Paul Baird sexually assaulting the victim, thereby producing child sexual abuse material. Paul Baird later uploaded links to three sexually explicit images of the minor victim on a dark website dedicated to child pornography. The evidence showed that the couple had been drugging and abusing the victim since at least August of 2023.

Before her arrest, Krystal Baird was a licensed childcare provider.

"Crimes involving the sexual exploitation of children inflict lasting trauma on victims and their families," said United States Attorney Creegan. "It is particularly disturbing that this defendant was once in a position of trust, caring for children. Today's sentence reflects the particularly appalling circumstances of Krystal Baid's crime."

"Krystal Baird's crimes are deeply disturbing. Baird was a willing participant when she and her partner conspired to drug and sexually abuse a child left in their care, photographing their crimes to share on the dark web. She denied any responsibility, but a jury rejected her story and found her guilty," said Special Agent in Charge Michael J. Krol of Homeland Security Investigations in New England. "Today's sentence emphasizes the incredible and irreversible damage she inflicted on a young life. We hope that knowing Krystal and Paul Baird will be behind bars for decades brings some peace to the victim and their family."

Paul Baird was previously sentenced to 25 years of incarceration.

The Department of Homeland Security Investigations led the investigation. The Keene Police Department provided valuable assistance. Assistant U.S. Attorney Anna Krasinski and former Assistant United States Attorney Heather Cherniske prosecuted the case.

The case is brought as part of Project Safe Childhood. In 2006, the Department of Justice created Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative designed to protect children from exploitation and abuse. Led by the U.S. Attorneys' Offices and the DOJ's Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section, Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state and local resources to better locate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals who exploit children, as well as identify and rescue victims. For more information about Project Safe Childhood, please visit www.projectsafechildhood.gov/.

United States Attorney's Office for the District of New Hampshire published this content on February 18, 2026, and is solely responsible for the information contained herein. Distributed via Public Technologies (PUBT), unedited and unaltered, on February 18, 2026 at 20:09 UTC. If you believe the information included in the content is inaccurate or outdated and requires editing or removal, please contact us at [email protected]