05/22/2026 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 05/22/2026 08:24
On May 20, 2026, a jury convicted 24-year-old Rayshon Frances Demonta Hall, of Montgomery, Alabama, on multiple federal robbery and firearm charges, announced Acting United States Attorney Kevin Davidson and Special Agent in Charge Sara J. Jones with the FBI Mobile, Alabama Field Office.
"Armed robberies place innocent employees and customers in danger and create fear throughout the community," said Acting United States Attorney Kevin Davidson. "This verdict demonstrates that those who choose to terrorize businesses with violence and firearms will be held accountable in federal court."
"FBI Mobile is focused on protecting our neighborhoods from violent crime and the fear it creates," said Special Agent in Charge Jones. "We will continue working with our law enforcement partners to identify, investigate, and hold accountable those who threaten public safety."
According to court records and evidence presented at trial, Hall and 21-year-old co-defendant Najari Denarka Mitchell carried out a series of armed robberies targeting three Montgomery businesses over a four-day period. The crime spree began on August 1, 2025, when the defendants robbed a fast-food restaurant on Troy Highway while threatening an employee with a firearm. The following day, the pair committed a similar robbery at an auto parts store on Fairview Avenue. On August 4, 2025, Hall and Mitchell robbed a gas station on Troy Highway.
At the conclusion of his three-day trial, the jury found Hall guilty of three counts of robbery and three counts of brandishing a firearm during and in relation to a federal crime of violence. A sentencing hearing will be scheduled in the coming months. At sentencing, Hall faces a sentence of 21 years to life in federal prison without the possibility of parole.
Mitchell previously pleaded guilty to his role in three robberies and one attempted robbery involving Hall. In addition, Mitchell pleaded guilty to four other armed robberies he committed in Montgomery before partnering with Hall, along with two charges for brandishing a firearm during and in relation to a federal crime of violence. Those robberies targeted a cell phone store on June 5, 2025; the same Troy Highway gas station on June 20, 2025; a gas station on Eastern Boulevard on June 24, 2025; and another gas station on Virginia Loop Road on July 28, 2025.
Mitchell's sentencing hearing is scheduled for August 26, 2026. Per his plea agreement, Mitchell is facing a sentence of 300 months in prison.
This case was investigated by the FBI and the Montgomery Police Department, with assistance from the United States Marshals Service. It was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorneys Mark E. Andreu and Eric M. Counts.
This case is part of Operation Take Back America (OTBA) and the Middle District of Alabama's Violent Offender Intervention and Deterrence (VOID) program. OTBA is a nationwide initiative that marshals the full resources of the Department of Justice to repel the invasion of illegal immigration, achieve the total elimination of cartels and transnational criminal organizations (TCOs), and protect our communities from the perpetrators of violent crime.
VOID aims to reduce violent crime by enhancing coordination, communication, and collaboration with law enforcement partners. The program focuses on working directly with local agencies and traditional federal partners to prosecute violent offenders and armed felons, dismantle drug trafficking organizations, and build proactive cases targeting gangs and repeat violent offenders. VOID prioritizes the most serious violent crime cases and fosters close working relationships with state and local prosecutors and law enforcement throughout the Montgomery River Region.