United States Attorney's Office for the District of New Hampshire

08/18/2026 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 08/18/2026 09:09

Colebrook Man Sentenced to Nearly Seven Years in Prison for Role in Fentanyl Trafficking Organization

CONCORD - Michael Savard, 40, of Colebrook, was sentenced yesterday in federal court for fentanyl trafficking conspiracy in a case brought by New Hampshire's Homeland Security Task Force, U.S. Attorney Erin Creegan announces.

Savard was sentenced by U.S. District Court Judge Landya McCafferty to 80 months in federal prison and five years of supervised release. Savard previously pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute fentanyl.

"This defendant trafficked dangerously addictive fentanyl, brokering large scale deals moving drugs into many New Hampshire communities - thankfully this operation is now out of commission," said U.S. Attorney Erin Creegan. "This sentence makes clear that the Department of Justice and our law enforcement partners will hold drug distributors accountable."

"This sentence holds a dangerous fentanyl trafficker accountable for his role in a conspiracy that put countless lives at risk," said Special Agent in Charge Jarod Forget, New England Field Division. "Fentanyl is devastating families and communities across our country, and those who knowingly traffic this deadly poison must understand that there are consequences for their actions. The DEA and our law enforcement partners will continue to aggressively target those who distribute fentanyl, dismantle the networks that fuel this crisis, and bring traffickers to justice."

According to court documents and statements made in court, beginning in fall of 2022, the Drug Enforcement Administration investigated a Lawrence-based organization that distributed fentanyl across New Hampshire and Massachusetts. The organization used social media, messaging applications, and a dedicated phone line to take drug orders and send runners to make deliveries. Savard was one of several New Hampshire-based redistributors of the organization, who purchased approximately half a kilogram of fentanyl within a six-month period in 2023 for resale to his own customers, and brokered introductions between the organization's leader and other prospective New Hampshire-based customers.

The Drug Enforcement Administration led the investigation. Assistant U.S. Attorneys Cesar A. Vega and Mike Shannon are prosecuting the case.

This prosecution is part of the Homeland Security Task Force (HSTF) initiative established by Executive Order 14159, Protecting the American People Against Invasion. The HSTF is a whole-of-government partnership dedicated to eliminating criminal cartels, foreign gangs, transnational criminal organizations, and human smuggling and trafficking rings operating in the United States and abroad. Through historic interagency collaboration, the HSTF directs the full might of United States law enforcement towards identifying, investigating, and prosecuting the full spectrum of crimes committed by these organizations, which have long fueled violence and instability within our borders. In performing this work, the HSTF places special emphasis on investigating and prosecuting those engaged in child trafficking or other crimes involving children. The HSTF further utilizes all available tools to prosecute and remove the most violent criminal aliens from the United States. HSTF New Hampshire comprises agents and officers from FBI, HSI, IRS, DEA, ATF, USMS, and DSS with the prosecution being led by the United States Attorney's Office for the District of New Hampshire.

United States Attorney's Office for the District of New Hampshire published this content on August 18, 2026, and is solely responsible for the information contained herein. Distributed via Public Technologies (PUBT), unedited and unaltered, on August 18, 2026 at 15:10 UTC. If you believe the information included in the content is inaccurate or outdated and requires editing or removal, please contact us at [email protected]