United States Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Indiana

05/13/2026 | Press release | Archived content

Fort Wayne Man Sentenced to 78 Months in Prison For Distribution of Fentanyl and Felon in Possession of a Firearm

FORT WAYNE - Neumen Jacobs, 32 years old, of Fort Wayne, Indiana, was sentenced by United States District Court Chief Judge Holly A. Brady after pleading guilty to distributing 40 grams or more of fentanyl and being a felon in possession of a firearm, announced United States Attorney Adam L. Mildred.

Jacobs was sentenced to 78 months in prison followed by 4 years of supervised release.

According to documents in the case, Jacobs sold a confidential informant 40 grams or more of a substance containing a detectable amount of fentanyl. Jacobs was also in possession of a firearm after having been convicted of a felony offense.

"An armed, recidivist drug dealer is going to prison for dealing fentanyl. He forfeited 6 and a half years of his life because he wanted to peddle poison in our district. Thanks to the combined efforts of the Drug Enforcement Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Fort Wayne Police Department and Assistant United States Attorney Dawn R. Ransom, the Defendant was caught, prosecuted, and sentenced," said U.S. Attorney Adam Mildred.

"Fentanyl remains the country's deadliest drug threat, claiming nearly 50,000 lives last year. The Drug Enforcement Administration, along with its law enforcement and prosecution partners, will continue to hold accountable anyone who is willing to drive Americans towards the poison of fentanyl. Mr. Jacobs is now being held accountable for his criminal actions, which includes being a felon in possession of a firearm. The Fort Wayne region is safer today with Mr. Jacobs distant and away from the community," said Assistant Special Agent in Charge Chip Cooke.

This case was investigated by the Drug Enforcement Administration with assistance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Fort Wayne Police Department. The case was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Dawn R. Ransom.

United States Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Indiana published this content on May 13, 2026, and is solely responsible for the information contained herein. Distributed via Public Technologies (PUBT), unedited and unaltered, on May 19, 2026 at 21:54 UTC. If you believe the information included in the content is inaccurate or outdated and requires editing or removal, please contact us at [email protected]