United States Attorney's Office for the District of Connecticut

08/19/2026 | Press release | Distributed by Public on 08/19/2026 16:00

Easton Man Sentenced to 39 Months in Federal Prison for Threatening Fairfield Police Officers

David X. Sullivan, United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, and P.J. O'Brien, Special Agent in Charge of the New Haven Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, announced that RAYMOND NEUBERGER, 42, of Easton, was sentenced today by U.S. District Judge Omar A. Williams in Hartford to 39 months of imprisonment and three years of supervised release for threatening Fairfield Police officers. Judge Williams also ordered Neuberger to pay a $15,000 fine.

According to court documents and statements made in Court, on April 24, 2025, Neuberger sent text messages to an individual in which he threatened to kill Fairfield Police officers. Later, Neuberger stopped his vehicle in the middle of Post Road in Fairfield and screamed profanities and made an obscene gesture at a Fairfield Police officer. He then drove to the Fairfield Police Department, encountered the same police officer, and again yelled profanities and made an obscene gesture. After these incidents, Neuberger continued to make threats in calls to the Fairfield County Regional Dispatch Center and to the Fairfield Police.

Neuberger then sent several threatening text messages to another individual, including messages stating "I'm going to kill all the Fairfield cops," "Tell Fairfield PD I'm close to snapping," and "I'm armed."

Neuberger also put a threatening letter in the mailbox of a neighbor who is an FBI special agent. The letter stated, "BACK THE BUREAU OFF BEFORE ITS TOO LATE - Ray Neuberger."

"Threatening police officers and federal agents who put their lives on the line to keep our communities safe is intolerable behavior, and this sentence is warranted," said U.S. Attorney Sullivan. "Our office will continue to act swiftly to protect those who serve and uphold public safety."

"Today's sentencing holds Raymond Neuberger accountable for his criminal conduct and reflects the serious consequences of his actions," said FBI Special Agent in Charge P.J. O'Brien. "This outcome is the result of the dedicated work of the investigators, prosecutors, and law enforcement partners who remained committed to pursuing justice. The FBI will continue to work alongside our partners who remain committed to investigating those who commit serious crimes, and ensure that victims and their families are not forgotten in the pursuit of justice."

Neuberger was arrested on related state charges on April 29, 2025. On December 18, 2025, he pleaded guilty in federal court to transmitting interstate communications containing a threat to injure.

Neuberger, who had been released on bond, was remanded to custody at the conclusion of today's court proceeding.

This matter was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Fairfield Police Department. The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Konstantin Lantsman.

United States Attorney's Office for the District of Connecticut published this content on August 19, 2026, and is solely responsible for the information contained herein. Distributed via Public Technologies (PUBT), unedited and unaltered, on August 19, 2026 at 22:00 UTC. If you believe the information included in the content is inaccurate or outdated and requires editing or removal, please contact us at [email protected]